Assessment Task 2: Individual Human Resource Development Training Plan
The purpose of this assessment is for you to plan, design and evaluate a training program.
You are a Learning and Development Consultant, and you have been engaged by A & J university. The university currently has three regional campuses in Victoria, Australia. The CEO, Ali Jas, has asked you to develop a training plan which can be administered across all the regional campuses, and also in its Melbourne campus.
Your task is to develop a detailed proposal for the training plan, based on one of the topics below:
- Leadership development program (a training program for professional staff members)
- A performance management toolkit for giving and receiving better feedback (a training program for senior academic managers)
- Managing health and wellbeing (a training program for academics and/or professional staff members)
- Creating a safer and more inclusive workplace for employees with disabilities (a training program for academics)
- Supporting women in leadership role (a training plan for women academics identified as potential leader)
- Mentoring culturally and linguistically diverse academics (a mentoring program for international/migrant academics).
The training plan should include the following:
- A title and overall description of the plan.
- One training objective.
- The training methods to be used and the rationale for using these methods (including a discussion of the principles using academic articles on which the selection of training methods is based).
- A tentative lesson plan for the delivery of one module in your training session (attach as an appendix: not included in the word count).
- A list, brief description and justifications of training materials you will use to deliver your training. Please provide justifications/rationales with examples for each training materials that you have chosen using academic articles.
- A program evaluation plan. Evaluation should be done at both the reaction and learning levels. Please provide evaluation questions you will ask at the reaction and learning levels. What evaluation tools/methods you will use for reaction and learning levels.
You must consult and reference a minimum of five (5) academic articles to support your analysis. You must use APA7 referencing.
The total length of the assessment is a maximum of 1,500 words (+/- 10%) (Reference list and title page are excluded from the word count).
Resources and readings relevant to the assessment
It is recommended that you consider the following publications to identify relevant articles:
- Academy of Management Journal
- Academy of Management Learning & Education
- Academy of Management Review
- Administrative Science Quarterly
- Human Resource Development Quarterly
- Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Planning
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Journal of Management
- Journal of Management Development
- Journal of Management Education
- Journal of Organisational Behaviour and Management Learning
- Human Resource Development International