Assessment Task 2: Project Portfolio
Information for students
In this task, you are required to demonstrate your skills and knowledge by working through a number of activities and completing and submitting a project portfolio.
You will need access to:
Ensure that you:
|Information about how you should complete this assessment can be found in Appendix A of the Business Works Student User Guide. Refer to the appendix for information on:
· where this task should be completed
· how your assessment should be submitted.
Note: You must complete and submit an assessment cover sheet with your work. A template is provided in Appendix B of the Student User Guide. However, if your RTO has provided you with an assessment cover sheet, please ensure that you use that.
Complete the following activities:
|This project requires you to implement improved learning practice in an organisational context within a given vocational area.
|If you are currently working within an adult vocational learning environment, base this assessment on your workplace organisation. If you are not working then use the context of the Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that you are studying this course with. If using your RTO, then the fellow students in your class group will be your learning cohort.
|You will be required to:· Select a current course to base your project on. This can be any Vocational Education and Training (VET) course (qualification, skill set or unit) and will be the course you are currently studying if you are not currently employed in the industry· Select a cohort of learners (this will be your student group you are studying with if not currently employed)
· Evaluate current practices and research ways to improve current practice using best practice and contemporary approaches (including the use of new technologies)
· Manage and monitor improved learning practice based on your evaluations of a group of learners
· Analyse and advance the adoption of improved learning practice by advocating for this, mentoring others and designing and testing improved practice in real world situations.
You will be collecting evidence for this unit in a Project Portfolio and will need to submit a number of attachments as evidence. The steps you need to take are outlined below. Before you begin, complete page 4 of your Project Portfolio.
|Within in the context of your learning environment in your organisation, you will need to evaluate ways to improve learning practice.Complete the following:· Select a group of learners to base this assessment on (at least three).
· Access and analyse the current Training and Assessment Strategy (TAS) for your nominated course.
· Conduct observations and use other relevant methods (such as surveys, interviews or focus groups) to analyse the following:
o Learners’ interests, abilities, relationships and any contextual needs that need to be considered
o Their unique learner styles and how appropriate the current learning methods are for them.
· Conduct research using the Internet into advances in learning practice which includes:
o Advances in learning practices and how these are being implemented by other organisations.
o An evaluation of the role and impact of new technologies on learners and training techniques and how this could be incorporated into your learning environment.
o Ways new learning practices can be introduced for your chosen course and cohort in a way that will ensure learning practice still reflects the qualification requirements.
· Plan for and develop changes based on your research and evaluations by deciding on the changes you are going to make and the reasons why (ensuring integrity of the course) and update the Training and Assessment Strategy accordingly. As part of this step you need to have a discussion with your assessor where you clearly outline your proposed changes and reasons for this. Your assessor will be looking to see that you can lead the verbal change based on your research and ideas and that your ideas can practically be implemented.
|Observations can either be viewed in person by your assessor, viewed online or you may like to video record any discussions you hold for your assessor to watch later. Your assessor can provide you with more details at this step.Your assessor will be looking to see that you can lead the conversations so you can effectively gather the information needed from your learners and explore their ideas and requirements related to the course they are studying.
|Complete Section 1 of your Project Portfolio. Remember to attach all necessary evidence attachments as indicated.
|Now that you have completed the steps above it is time to test your improved approaches in real world situations and advocate for improved practice. You can do this either in your place of employment, if you based this project on your own workplace or organisation, or you can do this with your group of fellow students acting as real trial participants as they will be trialling this based on their own real world learning characteristics.You must provide evidence that you have:· Tested changes to learning practice you have made in your revised TAS (this could include adapting or modifying resources, trialling new technology, adjusting learning styles, mediums or equipment). Evidence can include videos, submission of adapted resources or other documentation such as meeting notes, data collected from the trial and reports.
· Advocated for improved learning practice amongst your peers and colleagues using mentoring techniques to improve their learning practice. Evidence must be provided of this (see below).
|If completing this step with your classmates rather than your workplace, here are some ideas for ways to advocate for improved learning practice in the role of mentor:· Develop an article, blog or short video that advocates for improved learning practice and share it on social media with your networks and classmates. As part of the mentoring aspect, you will need to initiate or encourage comments and discussions about how they can incorporate this improved practice into their industry or profession and submit evidence of this.· Develop a presentation about your improved learning practice that can be given in class or online with time for discussion afterwards where you can share tips and ideas about how they can incorporate this improved practice into their industry or profession and submit evidence of this. Your presentation is to be a minimum of 30 minutes including time for discussion.
|Complete Section 2 of your Project Portfolio. Remember to attach all necessary evidence attachments as indicated.Submit to your assessor.