Assessment Task 1: Research Report
Information for students
In this task, you will research advancement in learning practice and how it can be improved and present your findings in a report.
You will need access to:
Ensure that you:
|Assessment informationInformation about how you should complete this assessment can be found in Appendix A of the Business Works Student User Guide. Refer to the appendix for information on:· where this task should be completed
· how your assessment should be submitted.
Note: You must complete and submit an assessment cover sheet with your work. A template is provided in Appendix C of the Student User Guide. However, if your RTO has provided you with an assessment cover sheet, please ensure that you use that.
Complete the following activities:
|You are required to develop a report to demonstrate your knowledge of the following:
· An overview of contemporary adult learning practice and current best practice pedagogical approaches to vocational education and training in your industry area (or intended future area).
· Identification of learning theories and instructional design principles relevant to your learning environment (at least three) and an explanation of how they can improve learning practice.
· Various learner styles and how each style can be encouraged to learn more effectively:
o theoretical learners
o pragmatic learners
o activist learners
o reflective learners
o kinaesthetic learners
o audio learners
o visual learners
o tactile learners
o left and right brain learners.
· A description of each of the following training techniques, how they can enhance learning for your given industry area and when they should be used:
o instruction and explanation
o written information
o group, pair and team activities
o individual activities
· How learning content and objects can be designed and managed in a way that uses current best practice approaches, promotes engagement and can be reused, modified or adapted as relevant.
Your research must be presented in a report format that uses formal language and style and is presented in a logical order with relevant headings and all research sources must be referenced correctly. Remember to refer to the user guide for guidance on research and written tasks. As a guide, your report will be 5 – 6 pages. Submit to your assessor for marking.