- Identify and gain access to one company and two potential interviewees in this company. The first interviewee has a managerial position or a non-managerial position in the company, who can tell you about their experience and/or knowledge of the T&D system in their organisation. The second interviewee is a person in a position of authority who is willing to explain the human resource policies and procedures of the organisation, especially in relation to T&D.
- Submit a preliminary report that contains a detailed working plan for the research project, including a literature review/essay on T&D, company background, interview questions, a working timeline, and a contingency plan.
Your preliminary report must be organised in the following way:
- Executive Summary
- Literature review/ Essay (The review should describe, summarise, evaluate and clarify the literature that is related to your selected topic. It should give a theoretical base for the research and help you determine the key theories that are related to your topic and the best practices T&D or remuneration practices).
- Company background (no more than 100 words)
- Interview questions (two sets of 20-25 interview questions)
- Working timeline (using table format)
- Contingency plan (what would you do if your original plan fails. For example, the company withdraws access, interviewees cancel their appointments, etc.)
- References (using at least 8 academic references)
Note: word limit is applied for the executive summary, introduction and literature review/essay only.