Assessment Task 3 - Unit Project and Presentation
Instructions to complete this assessment task:
- Please write your responses in the template provided.
- You may attach a separate sheet if required.
- You must include the following particulars in the footer section of each page of the attached sheets:
- Student ID or Student Name
- Unit ID or Unit Code
- Course ID or Course Code
- Trainer and assessor name
- Page numbers
- You must staple the loose sheets together along with the cover page.
- You must attach the loose sheets chronologically as per the page numbers.
- Correction fluid and tape are not permitted. Please do any corrections by striking through the incorrect words with one or two lines and rewriting the correct
- The premise of the project must be closely related to the previous assessment task.
- This submission must be well presented and follow the guidelines and instructions provided.
- Please follow the format as indicated in the template section below.
- One of the most important steps that you can take: proofread your
- This assessment task is in continuation with previous assessment task.
- You must analyse the information from assessment task 2 to prepare policy and procedures for this assessment task.
- Policy and procedures developed must be of 600-800 words in length, using 11-point font, double-spaced, and must include a cover page, table of contents, introduction, body, summary or conclusion, and works cited.
- Appropriate citations are required.
- All Veritas Institute Australia’s policies are in effect, including the plagiarism policy.
Resources required to complete the assessment task:
- Place for meeting and presentation or teleconferencing
- MS Word
- Printer or e-printer
- Adobe acrobat/reader
- Learning management system
- Current legislation
- Current plain English regulatory documents distributed by government regulators
- Codes of practice and standards issued by regulatory authorities
- Regulatory information and business management manuals issued by industry associations or commercial publishers
- Current commercial policies and procedures used to manage regulatory issues
Part A Develop and articulate regulatory policies and procedures
This assessment task is in continuation with previous assessment task.
In assessment task 2, you have researched and identified the legal requirements for the operation of a licensed café.
The board has allocated you the task to develop related policies and procedures for the relevant aspects you have identified in Part A.
PT 1.1. Develop and clearly articulate regulatory policies and procedures in a format readily accessible to all personnel in the policies and procedures, you will be required to:
- Develop standard operating policy and procedures for staff employed in the establishment to comply with food standards 3.2.2. (Food Safety Practices and General Requirements)
- Division 4, Sub 1 (Requirements for food handlers)
- General requirement
- Health of food handlers
- Hygiene of food handlers
- Division 4, Sub 2 (Requirements for food businesses)
- Health of persons who handle food – duties of food businesses
- Hygiene of food handlers – duties of food businesses
- General duties of food businesses
- Write a house policy to reflect the Licensing legislation and provisions for the service of alcohol in your state.
- Write policy and procedures that details the specific dates when each tax and super obligation is due to be reconciled and paid.
- You are recruiting 9 floor and bar staff. All serve alcohol. What is required to be compliant in your state? Write a house policy to reflect the Licensing legislation and provisions for the service of alcohol in your state.
- Develop standard operating policy and procedures to comply with the Food Act 2006 outlining the following:
- Where licensee may carry on licensable food business based on the licenses identified in assessment task.
- Licensee to comply with the conditions of license
- Write a set of procedures for the advertising, selection, interview and recruitment processes to be employed in your organisation to reflect modern practices and meet EEO requirements.
- National Employment Standards and reflect these on your organisation.
- Write a set of procedures for the advertising, selection, interview and recruitment processes to be employed in your organisation to reflect modern practices and meet (Equal Employee Opportunity (EEO) requirements.
- Write an Anti-bullying and Harassment policy for your organisation.
PT 1.2. For each policy and procedure developed in previous step, you are required to create a hierarchy of personnel who will be responsible for regulatory compliance in policies and procedures.
Part B: Distribute policies, procedures and legal information to personnel
In this part of assessment task, you will be required to arrange a meeting with the personnel of the hierarchy that are having responsibility for regulatory compliance.
You will be giving them a brief presentation to the personnel discussing:
- Anti-bullying and Harassment policy.
- House policy to reflect the Licensing legislation and provisions for the service of alcohol.
- Set of procedures for the advertising, selection, interview and recruitment processes to be employed in your organisation to reflect modern practices and meet (Equal Employee Opportunity (EEO) requirements
- Roles and responsibilities of middle management for regulatory compliance based on the hierarchy of personnel that you developed in PT 1.2.