Go the AHRC Website found at Home | Australian Human Rights Commission Scroll down and click on the Children’s Rights link. Look through the information provided in the relevant AHRC web pages and find the link to the Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC).
- Drawing from the CRC, list eight special rights that apply to children.
- Identify two different welfare services for children and explain what these services do to promote and protect two or more of the rights you have just listed (in 2a).
Special rights that apply to children
- Education right
- Right to health
- Right to protection from abuse and neglect
- Right to a safe environment
- Right to express themselves
- Right to play
- Right to participate in decision that would affect them
- Right to participate in decisions that affect them
- Right to a nationality