Case Study Assessment Overview
Overview of the Assessment
The objective of this assessment is to create a patient profile from the information provided and explain the pathophysiology and pharmacology. Students are expected to show competence in providing relevant education points and utilise the clinical reasoning cycle to complete the allocated tasks.
There are two objectives for this assessment:
You are a student nurse working in an Emergency Unit. Admitted on the 12/07/2023 to the ward is a non-communicative patient. After receiving handover from the admitting nurse, you read through the patients' notes. The notes provide patient information in the form of a physical examination along with minimal laboratory and diagnostic testing information. A "bag of medications" belonging to the patient was presented to you. The bag contains 3 medication bottles with administration instructions.
Individually, you are to develop a patient profile for this patient, relevant to the information you have been given. You will need to identify and explain:
Remember this includes the pathology results you should monitor
and any observations you need to undertake while the patient is having the medications
Use the following documents as a guide to create your patient profile
You have been provided with additional information pertaining to the patient. This includes an updated set of focused progress notes and a medication chart. You are required to:
Patient Progress Notes
list, and how can it help the patient’s symptoms?
Case Study Assessment 2 Instructions
Instructions to complete the Tasks
1.Consult the clinical reasoning cycle to consider the patient’s situation (describe and / or list facts). This includes:
NOTE: Consulting the clinical reasoning cycle will be implied in your presentation, it is not an expectation that you present the cycle itself point for point.
2. Create a POWERPOINT presentation
3. Add your narrative over the presentation.
4. Save your POWERPOINT as an MP4. You can upload the video on KALTURA or as a YOUTUBE link if you are familiar on how to adjust the privacy settings on YOUTUBE.
5. Provide references to your presentation. References should be in-text (on the slides) and in a list, using APA 7th edition. Use the Federation University guide on how to properly reference APA. References can be presented as an extra slide (on top of the 10 slides)or as word document uploaded on TURNITIN
6. Upload your presentation to the drop box entitled Case Study Assignment
7. Follow the marking guide to identify how the points will be allocated