Assessment 2: Practical Assessment (30%)
Due Date: Week 9
Word Count: 1000-1200 words
Students are required to describe the elements of a Strategic Plan and identify key performance measures for a Not-for-Profit social service operating in their region. The Service, Vision and Mission are presented below:
- The Service: Support service for young people experiencing mental health issues and experiencing homelessness.
- The Vision: An Australian service where young people can gain access to appropriate support for mental health and housing.
- The Mission: To enable young people who are experiencing mental health issues to secure safe and stable housing and ongoing support.
Based on your individual research, the Strategic Plan will include the following:
- Four Service Values and the reason why you chose each value.
- Three Strategic Objectives (or goals) of the organisation.
- For each Strategic Objective identified, list one Outcome for this objective that can be measured. This is one specific result that your specific objective is aiming to achieve. Don’t think broadly; instead isolate one change you’d be focused on that will contribute to achieving your objective.
- For each Outcome identified, list one related Output. This should be a policy or a course of action that explains how your organisation intends to achieve this particular outcome.
- For one of your Strategic Objectives, identify a Benchmark that you could use to assess the performance of the service. Include a description of how the Benchmark you have chosen relates to a relevant Outcome or Output measure.
- Identify the Impact that you want to achieve and describe the wider social and economic consequences of the of the work of the service.
You must use APA 7 referencing. Your written report should include at least 5 peer-reviewed (scholarly) journal articles or book chapters, in addition to any textbook references and Strategic Plans that you used to prepare your Practical Report.
Do NOT utilise sources such as www.tutor2u.com and other such web materials as these in no way constitute academic references for the purpose of your assignment. If you rely on such sources for support, you will be deemed NOT to have met the requirements of the assessment