In this activity, you will be applying organisational design principles to remedy common institutional problems.
This activity will help you to achieve Unit Learning Outcomes:
- LO1 Describe the foundations of the management practice.
- LO3 Demonstrate an understanding on the structure, roles and processes of governance.
- LO5 Describe the management functions of planning, leading, organising and controlling leadership.
Please allow 60 min to complete this activity
To complete this task:
- Read this Harvard Business Review article on the importance of organisational design and
- Choose one or more of the negative stories
- Analyse what decisions led to the bad outcomes listed, and which aspects of organisational design could fix the outlined problem (300-350 words)