· Short Analytical Essay: Response to Literature
· Analyse and demonstrate an understanding of the interrelationship of words and pictures in an assigned text.
Choose ONE option of these four to read and analyse:
- Billy and the Mini Monsters: Monsters at the Seaside by Zanna Davidson
- School of Monsters: Frank is a Big Help by Sally Rippin
- Landing with Wings by Trace Balla
- We Will Find Your Hat! A Conundrum by Candy James
- Visual literacy and how that is used with text to tell the
- Specific features that are used to tell the story
- How are images and text used together?
- How does that work?
- Describe the meanings and context of the book in general terms — Characters, Plot (compilation), Setting, Theme/significant message. Refer to the author and illustrator’s other books/awards won.
- (just one paragraph)