In this individual assignment, you are required to conduct a problem analysis and deliver a report by answering the following questions. To ensure rigour in this analysis, you are required to make appropriate use of the relevant frameworks, models and tools
Questions to be answered:
- What is the problem your client wants you to address, who is affected by this problem, and what can you say about the level of impact on each party affected by the problem? Briefly explain the nature of the problem. Then identify the parties affected by the problem with the relative level of impact. You may want to categorise the affected parties if you see that there are multiple groups impacted by the problem (e.g., directly and indirectly affected; small, medium, and large organisations, male and female).
- What causes this problem?Analyse the drivers of the problem and discuss what impacts this problem creates on the affected parties.
- Based on the understanding gained from questions (1) and (2) above, prepare a project development plan to address the client’s problem including the following. Due to the word limit, a table with a column each for goals, activities, competencies, challenges, and measures of success is suggested for this purpose.
- Goals: What are your three main project goals for the next eight weeks of the teaching period (i.e., From Week 5 to Week 12)? You may want to consider SMART criteria (i.e., S=specific, M=measurable, A=attainable, R=realistic, and T=time bound) when you write your project goals.
- Activities: What specific activities you/your team will perform to achieve the mentioned project goals?
- Competencies: What and how specific skills, disciplinary knowledge, and abilities you have gathered so far in your degree will help accomplish the activities you identified?
- Challenges:What challenges will you face when trying to achieve the above goals? How will you be overcoming those challenges?
- Measures of success:What specific measures of success will you be using to determine the accomplishment of each stated project goal?
- Simply reproducing the content in the project brief is not sufficient.
- Please also note that you need to use the tools or frameworks (e.g., problem tree analysis, five why’s, stakeholder analysis) discussed in the Unit appropriately when answering to above questions.
- You are not required to provide solutions and recommendations to the client at this stage.
- Support your explanations with evidence from internal (e.g., client’s organisational reports, customer feedback, survey findings, discussions with the Client) and external sources (e.g., industry reports, newspapers, journals, and government publications) where appropriate.