Assessment Task 1: Knowledge questions
Information for studentsKnowledge questions are designed to help you demonstrate the knowledge which you have acquired during the learning phase of this unit. Ensure that you:
- review the advice to students regarding answering knowledge questions in the Business Works Student User Guide
- comply with the due date for assessment which your assessor will provide
- adhere with your RTO’s submission guidelines
- answer all questions completely and correctly
- submit work which is original and, where necessary, properly referenced
- submit a completed cover sheet with your work
- avoid sharing your answers with other students.
Information about how you should complete this assessment can be found in Appendix A of the Business Works Student User Guide. Refer to the appendix for information on:
· where this task should be completed
· the maximum time allowed for completing this assessment task
· whether or not this task is open-book.
Note: You must complete and submit an assessment cover sheet with your work. A template is provided in Appendix C of the Student User Guide. However, if your RTO has provided you with an assessment cover sheet, please ensure that you use that.
Provide answers to all of the questions below:
- Outline two benefits of good group dynamics on a team’s performance.
- Provide examples of three causes of poor group dynamics and how this can impact a team.
- Explain why a team would need a team performance plan.
- Complete the table below to show various methods that can be used to help overcome the following scenarios:
- Provide at least five examples of communications in the workplace which can contribute to team morale and cohesion by completing the table below:
- In light of the Covid-19 pandemic and employees working from remote locations, provide examples of two tools or techniques for creating collaboration between team members.
- Team leaders need to develop strategies to ensure that their team members have input into planning, decision making and operational aspects of work. Describe at least three strategies that can be used to accomplish this.
- Explain how to give constructive feedback to a team member.
- Explain what is meant by reaching consensus in a team.
- Describe two strategies for reaching consensus in a team.
- Outline two ways that issues can be identified by team members.
- Describe three strategies a team leader can use to help resolve issues in a team.