Assessment Task 1: Knowledge questions
Information for students
Knowledge questions are designed to help you demonstrate the knowledge which you have acquired during the learning phase of this unit. Ensure that you:
- review the advice to students regarding answering knowledge questions in the Business Works Student User Guide
- comply with the due date for assessment which your assessor will provide
- adhere with your RTO’s submission guidelines
- answer all questions completely and correctly
- submit work which is original and, where necessary, properly referenced
- submit a completed cover sheet with your work
- avoid sharing your answers with other students.
Provide answers to all of the questions below:
- Explain four events/occasions or trends/styles that may impact whether or not organisational objectives/aims are achieved.
- List at least five existing practices/systems, routines that may be used to guide organisational change.
- Describe the process to conduct a cost-benefit analysis. In your answer, explain which methods are relevant/related and useful to complete the particular process step.
- Explain how effective change management strategies/plans can assist with embedding/set in change in an organisation. Give an example of an effective change management strategy in your answer.
- Outline one approach (or process) that can be used in the workplace to communicate and embed/insert change.
- Explain the risk management process. You may answer using a labelled diagram or in words (or both) and must include:
- a definition of risk management.
- a list or illustration/drawing of the steps in a risk management process.
- a description of what each step involves (including methods).
- Explain four options that an organisation may use to take to mitigate/minimise or control risks.
- Complete the table below to identify and describe two organisational policies that may relate to change management and guide organisational change.
- Explain three ways the benefits for organisational change can be promoted in a communication and education plan.
- What is meant by “organisational behaviour” and how does it impact/affect change strategies?
- How does the external environment impact the change strategies used in an organisation? Provide an example to illustrate your answer.
- List at least four components/sections that should be included in a change management plan.