Read the following case scenario and prepare a report and a presentation
In the assessment item 2 (previous assessment), you were required to write a research report based on selecting a company and at least one product / service that it offers. Now, in this assessment item 3, you are required to analyze and present the findings. In this task, you will act as Research and Development Manager. Assume you are presenting the research brief in front of the management of the selected company from Assessment 2. This is your opportunity to convince them for getting the approval whether to continue with the research or not. The agenda of the meeting is to present your findings, clear the doubts of Operations Manager and CEO about the proposed solution and seek their approval for the full project implementation. Your presentation should include below topics:
- The aim of the research is the overall purpose of conducting the research. It could be to add to the knowledge in the area, to address an existing gap in the knowledge, to devise and test a solution to an existing problem
Provide brief description of the sample used and discuss validity and reliability of data used for the research.
- Reliability and validity are concepts used to evaluate the quality of research. They indicate how well a method, technique or test measures something. Reliability is about the consistency of a measure, and validity is about the accuracy of a measure.
Discuss about various instruments used in the research project.
Give brief explanation of the procedures followed in the project, data analysis including any threats to the integrity of the data, trends and challenges.
Provide description and justification of the statistical techniques or other methods of analysis used.
- It all comes down to using the right methods for statistical analysis, which is how we process and collect samples of data to uncover patterns and trends. For this analysis, there are five to choose from: mean, standard deviation, regression, hypothesis testing, and sample size determination
Brief summary of the research question being investigated, the procedures employed, and the results obtained.
Describe various findings pertinent to each of the research hypotheses or questions.
- Hypothesis is the statement the research study sets out to prove or disprove. The main difference between hypothesis and research question is that hypothesis is predictive in nature whereas research question is inquisitive in nature
Explain various implications of the findings and their meaning and significance in the project.
- Research implications suggest how the findings may be important for policy, practice, theory, and subsequent research. Research implications are basically the conclusions that you draw from your results and explain how the findings may be important for policy, practice, or theory
Explain various limitations – (unresolved problems, limitations, issues) that you have encountered during the project.
Evaluate how research findings such as trends and changes will impact on learning strategy.
Prepare list of various documentation done for the project and present research findings in a clear and logical manner consistent with audience needs.
Highlight any suggestions for further research that needs to be conducted.
During the meeting, you need to:
Operations Manager and CEO will:
Instructions for Presentation:
Instructions for Evidence submission:
Checklist for submission: