Type: Care Plan and Discussion Paper
Length: 3,000 Words (+/- 10%)
Mental health services worldwide are under increasing pressure (Lui et al., 2021). One reason for this pressure is the increasing complexity of health conditions experienced by people with mental illness, including the higher morbidity and mortality rates than those with no mental illness; the ageing population; and physical and mental health issues exacerbated by lifestyle choices (Allabyrne, Chaplin, & Hardy, 2020).
Assessment 2 aims to support you to develop a care plan for a mental health consumer with complex health issues. You also discuss the associations between physical and mental health; and in light of your case study, determine the steps that advanced practice mental health nurses could take to better support consumers with complex health issues.
Your task is to develop a care plan for a mental health consumer with multimorbidity and present your findings in a written paper. To complete this task, you are to:
- 1Create a fictitious case study of a consumer with complex physical and mental health multimorbidity. The consumer can be of any age across the lifespan. (Tip: Most often, older consumers have a great number of morbidities)
- 2Write the fictitious consumer’s ‘case’ into a short narrative description.
- 3Develop and justify a recovery-oriented care plan that shows the need for advanced clinical assessment skills in physical and mental health practice; sound clinical reasoning; and the complex, integrated, evidence-based pharmacological and non-pharmacological therapeutic interventions utilised to support the consumer.
- 4Interrogate the associations between physical and mental health and the clinical interventions for multimorbidity across the lifespan.
- 5Discuss the steps that advanced practice mental health nurses could take to better support consumers with complex health issues.
Your task is to create a fictitious case with enough complexity to enable you to respond to the task and develop a care plan for a mental health consumer with multimorbidity and present your findings in a written paper. You are to include the following sections in your paper:
- 1Introduction (200 words)
- Introduce your paper, outlining the purpose of the case study analysis and an overview of the content. [Remember, it is sometimes easier to write the introduction to your paper after you have completed it].
- 2Case Study Overview (500 words)
- Write a short narrative description that summarises the major physical or biological, mental, emotional, social, cultural, spiritual, functional, and other needs and preferences of a consumer with multiple mental health morbidities.
- 3Recovery-Oriented Care Plan (1,000 words)
- Develop a recovery-oriented care plan for the consumer that addresses the following:
- Regular physical and mental health assessments (including assessment tools used, where appropriate).
- Integrated, evidence-based pharmacological and non-pharmacological therapeutic interventions.
- Regular evaluation of progress (including outcome measures used).
- 4Justification of recovery-oriented care plan (500 words)
- Justify major aspects provided in the recovery-oriented care plan based on physical and mental health assessments and research evidence findings.
- 5Discussion (500 words)
- Using your analysis of the case study and the academic literature, discuss the steps advanced practice mental health nurses could take to better support consumers with complex health issues.
- 6Conclusion (300 words)
- Conclude your paper with a summary of your major findings.
- Include two ‘crucial points’ learned from completing this unit of study.
- 7Reference List (Word count not included)
- Include a reference list at the end of the discussion.